Accounts Payable Coordinator
A highly visible and interactive role for a hands-on, detail oriented individual responsible for high volume invoice processing, inventory receipt reconciliation, payments (EFT, ACH, manual check, and credit card) and tax filings. The position will leverage interpersonal skills and must have the ability handle/maintain vendor accounts and work with multiple departments to accurately process invoices and other expenditures in a timely manner.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist Accounts Payable Manager with all types of invoice entry, disbursements, and administrative expertise to the organization.
• Daily work will include:
• Input invoices, match to purchase orders & related recording and reconciling issues
• Manage manual, electronic and credit card disbursements including reconciliation of automated vendor disbursements
• High degree of problem solving and reconciliation of invoicing, purchasing and/or receiving issues including work with other departments including Corporate Accounting, Operations and Logistics, and Warehouse
• Assist general ledger account reconciliations
• Maintain departmental records and files
• Assists Accounts Payable Manager with tax return filings for various sales use tax, fuel taxes, state and federal fuel tax returns (all non-payroll).
• Resolves vendor account discrepancies as required
• Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls, ensuring transactions are executed in compliance with Company approved policies and standard operating procedures.
• Participates in monthly closings
• Offers suggestions for process improvements and other efficiencies
• Offers support to other departments on projects as needed
• Addresses and responds to interoffice inquiries and communicates efficiently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Self-driven and motivated individual with excellent organizational skills
• Experience in high volume automated payables systems
• Displays precision, attention to detail, and proficiency with systems and technology.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel
o MAS 200 / JD Edwards experience a plus
• Understands inventory pricing and weighted average cost valuation
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, performing multiple projects/tasks within defined deadlines.
• Ability to maintain files in a systematic and orderly fashion.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that promote collaboration and effective communication.
• Verifiable work history with demonstrated experience in Accounts Payable processes, problem solving and month end close processes
• A quick learner with solid work habits who works well under pressure and strict deadlines, with constant re-prioritization of duties.
• Maintains the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality regarding Company information including but not limited to vendor relationships and terms, employee expense reimbursements, professional fees, and shareholder related expenditures
The job description of an Accounts Payable Coordinator is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.