Click here to see Governor Riley's Press Conference
featuring McPherson Oil Company's Hwy. 31 Shell station!
McPherson has always been a leader in fuels distribution. We
believe in the use of biofuels, and we are committing our resources
to support and to invest in the promotion and use of these
alternative fuel sources. We understand the need for cleaner burning
fuels, renewable energy sources and less dependence on foreign oil.
If your business is interested in using biofuels, we can help you
design and implement a successful biofuels strategy.
What is Biodiesel?
Biodiesel is a clean-burning alternative fuel produced from
domestic, renewable resources. It does not contain petroleum, but
can be blended at any level with petroleum diesel to create a
biodiesel blend that can be used in diesel engines with little or no
Biodiesel is simple to use, biodegradable, nontoxic and essentially
free of sulfur and aromatics.
Because it is made from renewable resources, Biodiesel is better for
the environment. It is less toxic than table salt and biodegrades as
fast as sugar. Biodiesel also has lower emissions compared to
petroleum diesel and its use decreases our dependence on foreign
oil, contributing to our own economy, since it is made in the USA
from renewable resources such as soybeans.
Learn more about Biodiesel!
What is E85?
E85 is a motor fuel blended with 85 percent ethanol and just 15 percent gasoline for use in Flexible Fuel Vehicles (FFVs). E85 is a high-octane, alternative fuel as defined by the U.S. Department of Energy. Besides its superior performance characteristics, ethanol burns cleaner than gasoline; it is a completely renewable, domestic, environmentally friendly fuel that enhances the nation's economy and energy independence.
- E85 has the highest oxygen content of any transportation fuel available today, making it burn cleaner than gasoline.
- E85 reduces greenhouse gas emissions such as carbon dioxide, the main contributor to global warming.
- E85 is a better fuel for the world around us since E85's main ingredient is ethanol, which is non-toxic, water soluble and biodegradable.
- E85 use is helping reduce American dependence on foreign oil and, because Ethanol is produced from crops grown in the U.S., E85 can also help stabilize commodity prices.
- E85 is good for consumers, providing competition since it is a viable, home-grown alternative to gasoline.
Learn more about E85!
Other Important Links:
Interstate 65 Clean Corridor Project
Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition