A highly visible and interactive role for a hands-on professional responsible for accounts payable, tax filings, month end close, and general ledger account reconciliations. The position will leverage relationship management and must have the ability to manage an administrative staff, handle/maintain customer and vendor accounts and work with multiple departments to accurately process invoices and other expenditures.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for highly automated invoice and payment processing ACH disbursements, and administrative management expertise to the organization
• Daily work will include:
o Input invoices, match to purchase orders & related recording issues
o Electronic and manual disbursements
o Problem solving and reconciliation of invoicing, purchasing and/or receiving errors
o Bookkeeping with timely month end close
o Monthly aging schedules, weekly cash flow reports
o Maintain departmental records and files in a systematic and orderly fashion
• General ledger account reconciliations for accounts payable and tax related accounts
• Offers support to other departments
• Assists with fuel and lubricant excise sales and use tax return filings
• Resolves vendor account discrepancies as required
• Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls, ensuring transactions are executed in compliance with Company approved policies and standard operating procedures.
• Exhibits ability to lead and direct team members, assign or delegate work, develop and coach employees and partner with manager for corrective actions when necessary.
• Training and evaluating the staff and managing their work product and deadlines.
• Responsible for the completion of any special projects or the assignment of other duties as requested by upper management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of 5 years Accounts Payable experience
• Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
• Strong administrative management background with proven supervisory, communication, and analytical skills.
• Self-driven and motivated individual with excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Displays proficiency with software systems and technology.
• Understands inventory purchasing, pricing and warehousing functions
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel
• Experience with JD Edwards software a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple projects/tasks within defined deadlines.
• Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to deal at all levels of the Company
• Ability to define processes and procedures as well as initiate tasks related to job requirements.
• A quick learner with solid work habits who works well under pressure and strict deadlines, with constant re-prioritization of duties.
• Maintains the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality regarding company information including but not limited to vendor relationships and terms, employee expense reimbursements, professional fees, and shareholder related expenditures.
The job description of Accounts Payable Manager is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.