Primary responsibilities are carrier training, management and compliance. Responsible to understand customers’ transportation requirements (contract terms) and act as a liaison with our external carrier partners in order to meet those requirements. Provide continuous improvement by ensuring high service levels through analytics, performance measurements and training. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
• Understand customer requirements (contract terms) and manage carrier performance related to: on-time delivery, at-fault run outs, emergency needs, etc.
• Manage carrier scorecard to ensure they are meeting on-time delivery targets and meeting contract deliverables.
• Use order and delivery data and analytics to identify root causes associated with carrier failures.
• Facilitate communications between carriers, customers, and MOP’s retail, operations, and billing departments to ensure outstanding customer service and accuracy.
• Ensure carriers have received appropriate training and understand expectations related to deliveries, paperwork, accessorial charges, and customer interaction.
• Complete all internal reports as required related to our retail commercial fuel deliveries.
• Assist our Retail sales department with content development and training materials for dealers and carriers.
• Monitor carriers’ performance and successfully “coach” deficient carriers back to expected performance.
• Handles allocation issues with carriers, refiner partners and help desks for branded and unbranded fuels.
• Manages day to day issues with each carrier partners including diverted loads.
• Establishes sourcing of product for all carrier partners in the AM and PM.
• Responsible for maintaining contractual volumes of our carrier.
• Responsible for all carrier set ups and pull points.
• Responsible for establishing and executes emergency action plan in times of outages both minor and major with all carrier partners.
• Manages monthly volumes and allocations of the refiner supply contracts.
• Daily pricing for unbranded retail accounts and commercial accounts.
• 5+ years of transportation industry experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation or related field preferred
• Ability to analyze, monitor and report on performance data
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required
• Ability to conduct difficult conversation with carriers and use experience to make sound business decisions
• Proven leader and ability to manage carrier relationships
• Strong Customer Service Focus with desire to protect and expand our brand.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and facilitation Skills
• Ability to motivate, influence, and persuade across all levels of the organization
• Some travel required to meet with our carrier partners.
• The position is fast paced with 24/7 operations with on call availability. The position requires 24 hour on call support to dispatch customer orders that require delivery during late night and early morning hours.
The job description of a Freight Coordinator is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.