Retail Fuel Freight Coordinator
Primary responsibilities are carrier training, management and compliance. Responsible to understand customers’ transportation requirements (contract terms) and act as a liaison with our external carrier partners in order to meet those requirements. Provide continuous improvement by ensuring high service levels through analytics, performance measurements and training. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
• Facilitate communications between carriers, customers, and MOP’s retail, operations, and billing departments to ensure outstanding customer service and accuracy.
• Handles allocation issues with carriers, refiner partners and help desks for branded and unbranded fuels.
• Establishes sourcing of product for all carrier partners in the AM and PM (24 hours a day).
• Understand customer contract terms and requirements. Manage carrier performance related to: on-time delivery, at-fault run outs, emergency needs, etc.
• Maintains pricing and price changes for retailers.
• Responsible for maintaining contractual volumes and requirements.
• Responsible for all carrier set ups and terminal pull points.
• Review partner carrier orders and identify any errors or make corrections.
• Manages day to day issues with each carrier partners including diverted loads.
• Use order and delivery data and analytics to identify root causes associated with carrier failures.
• Complete all internal reports as required related to our retail fuel deliveries.
• Manage carrier scorecard to ensure they are meeting on-time delivery targets.
• Monitor carriers’ performance and successfully “coach” deficient carriers back to expected performance. Hold quarterly review meetings.
• Ensure carriers have received appropriate training and understand expectations related to deliveries, paperwork, accessorial charges, and customer interaction.
• Responsible for establishing and executing emergency action plan in times of outages both minor and major with all carrier partners.
• 5+ years of transportation or distribution experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation or related field preferred
• Ability to analyze, monitor and report on performance data
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required
• Ability to conduct difficult conversation with carriers and use experience to make sound business decisions
• Proven leader and ability to manage carrier relationships
• Strong customer service focus with desire to protect and expand our brand.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to motivate, influence, and persuade across all levels of the organization
• The position is fast paced with 24/7 operations with on call availability. The position requires 24 hour on call support that require late night and early morning hours.
• Ability to travel 20% of the time
The job description of Freight Coordinator is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.