Warehouse Inventory Control Analyst
The Warehouse Inventory Control Analyst will develop, implement, and maintain all of the procedures and protocols in regard to proper inventory control. The Warehouse Inventory Control Analyst will be responsible for overseeing and managing all warehouse inventory activities including, inbound inventory receiving, inventory record accuracy, and strategic inventory planning.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with Warehouse Manager to maintain inventory levels that will assure uninterruptible supply for our customer base and achieve optimum inventory investment
• Build as well as maintaining a strong inventory management warehouse plan
• Execute the strategic inventory plan to align with the warehouse objectives
• Manage monthly cycle counts and organize personnel for all quarterly inventories as required.
• Check inventory receipt documents and advise any discrepancies to management in a timely manner including timely receipt of same into the computer system.
• Lead the warehouse’s inventory-related teams and provide training for warehouse personnel
• Ensures seamless movement of products and inventory within the warehouse
• Provides the Warehouse Manager with recommendations for better inventory control.
• Assists in inventory deliveries and shipment of inventory as required
• Identify old and slow inventory and advise management in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with QA/QC and logs (sample, receiving, packaging)
• Prepare stock and paperwork for inter-company loads, including daily check of inventory levels for bulk and package
• Timely communications with Operations Personnel, Dispatchers/Route Planners, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required
• Maintain a clean and safe facility
• Assist in achieving all inventory-related KPI goals on a monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of warehouse inventory experience
• Must be able to communicate well with others in order to implement inventory control plans
• Demonstrates the ability to pay very close attention to detail and immediately notice any discrepancies regarding inventory
• Shows the ability to solve complex problems individually and quickly
• Knowledge of warehouse management systems and demonstrates the ability to work well with computer systems
• Demonstrates the ability to work well with computers and maintain databases effectively
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and be a self-starter
• Possesses strong written communication skills for the creation of reports
• Must have strong technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational skills
• Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers with a sense of urgency and commitment to follow-up
• Ability to effectively present information, conduct training, and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, and customers
• Previous sophisticated ERP system experience required. Oracle/JD Edwards a plus.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions, extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
The job description of Warehouse Associate is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.