Billing Assistant Manager
A working manager, assisting the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting and Financial Systems, accountable for completing billing activities for Lubes, Fuel and Equipment divisions. Responsible to complete billing for all previous day deliveries and/or reporting and coordinating missing information needed to complete billing.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for directing and leading a team of coordinators in day-to-day billing operations.
• Acts as coordinator of Equipment Billing division
• Works and manages billing team in “day’s work in a day” environment.
• Works with Operations, Accounts Payable and Corporate Accounting departments in completing daily, month end and reporting tasks.
• Reviews all billing invoices prepared by billing coordinators to ensure accuracy of data
• Provide internal and external communication regarding any billing discrepancies.
• Provide corrective action as a result of any billing discrepancies found.
• Recommends and implements process changes to create most efficient billing process.
• Perform month end close and reconciling activities.
• Provide monthly billing reports and other reports requested by management.
• Provide analysis of key performance indicators of department.
• Any other projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• Minimum of 5 years related billing experience in high transaction environment.
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing a team.
• Previous sophisticated ERP system experience required, Oracle/JD Edwards a plus.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
• Must have proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel. Pivot table skills a plus.
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative and be an independent thinker.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers with sense of urgency and commitment to follow up.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
• Work is performed in typical office setting.
• Willingness to work Overtime as needed.
The job description of Billing Assistant Manager is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.