Blending the company’s based petroleum/lubricant product in accordance with specific requirements for distribution to customers throughout the entire customer base.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepare base stock oils such as America’s Core 600, 100, 2500 and blend according to specified for each particular lubricant.
• Place additives into blend by pumping into blend tank.
• Perform visual inspections and pull samples to test for formula, viscosity, and quality.
• Forward samples to laboratory for testing and analysis purposes.
• Manage adjustments to products and blends as needed.
• Operate boiler that adjusts heating requirements for various blends.
• Transfer finished product to holding tank.
• Pump out finished product from holding tank into tankers for delivery.
• Maintain all aspects related to safety and quality control for our processing and blending.
• Ensure that the formulas are followed for each blended product and that we have an oil analysis showing each batch meets the proper specification before moving into our finished goods inventory.
• Manage production schedule to ensure we have inventory available to meet our customer’s needs.
• Maintain standards for sample frequency, testing, turnaround, and reliability.
• Responsible for the overall QA/QC process for blending.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of oil blends and viscosity preferred.
• Ability to read and understand oil analysis.
• Proficient computer and technical skills.
• Capable of multi-tasking and interacting with others in a fast-paced, work environment.
• Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers with sense of urgency and commitment to follow up.
• Able to work well independently but also within a teamwork environment.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Proficient math skills with the understanding of percentages and ratios.
• Ability to successfully complete forklift certification test.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums and maneuver oil hoses.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
• Customer location and field conditions.
The job description of a Blending Technician is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.