Manages Corporate Accounting department, prepares monthly / annual Financial Statements, manages external audits, prepares financial analysis, budget variance analysis, establishes internal control processes, manages accounting staff.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversees month-end close process and ensures financial statements completion in accordance with monthly closing schedule.
• Coordinates consolidated and business unit financial statements review with Vice President Finance and Business Unit Managers.
• Provides supervision and leadership to the Accounting Department and manages various daily /monthly responsibilities including monthly Fuel / Lubricant excise and sales & use tax filings
• Assist in periodic inventory counts and reconciliations with Supply Chain / Logistics departments
• Manages preparation and documentation of all balance sheet reconciliations
o Cash reconciliations prepared monthly
o Other accounts quarterly or as necessary
• Prepares quarterly Bank Debt Covenant Calculations for Officer signature
• Prepares periodic financial statements and Borrowing Base reports for bank.
• Coordinates and manages the annual external financial audit and periodic bank audits.
• Assists Finance, Planning, and Analysis department with annual budget preparation.
• Assists other personnel as needed with various accounting issues.
• Manages ERP system Chart of Accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 5+ years experience managing an accounting department.
• CPA and / or Public Accounting experience preferred.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to work with other back office, sales and operations departments
• Experience with sophisticated ERP systems. JD Edwards / Hyperion / Hubble software experience a plus.
• Ability to establish and balance competing priorities, work independently, and manage objectives without supervision.
• Strong understanding of business operations and financial analysis.
• Excellent computer skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Supervisory Responsibilities: Two degreed accountants.
The job description of the Controller is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.