Director of Customer Experience
Director of Customer Experience is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction of a centralized area including divisional functions of customer service, inside sales, billing/invoicing, and analytics. The role provides visible and proactive leadership to clients, internal partners, leaders and administrative staff. This role requires strong leadership skills, superior influencing ability, broad perspective, and a partnership-based approach to relationships. This individual will champion efforts that improve processes that achieve the highest possible levels of customer experience, while working cross functionally to reduce operating expenses. Significant accountability is placed on ensuring key metrics in the areas of quality, customer satisfaction, operating costs, employee engagement, and leadership effectiveness are achieved.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design a strategic plan for integrated customer engagement and communication efforts to enhance customer experiences and perceptions of the Company’s products and services.
• Manage customer experiences for 4 different divisions on a full spectrum of customer service, inside sales, routing, and billing.
• Develop and coach division Team Managers/Leads so that they are skilled, effective and fully capable of executing the responsibilities and expectations of their position.
• Partner with Sales and Operations management to balance customer experience with operational expenses, with the expectation of making significant improvement in both improvement of the customer experience while assisting in reducing operational expenses.
• Assist the team and senior management on metrics to review customer satisfaction, strengthen customer experiences, and develop future initiatives to respond to customers efficiently.
• Provide attention to the full spectrum of the customer experience, while working with Sales partners in collaborating and initiating the most effective pre-sales, sales, and delivery methods.
• Maintains relationships with Sales partners and Operations partners to facilitate open communication, understand perspectives, and monitor levels of satisfaction while driving customer experience initiatives and operational strategies.
• Manage best practices to drive the development of customer service experiences with effective policies and processes.
• Maintains and improves customer call center operations by analyzing data, monitoring Key Performance Indicators, identifying opportunities, developing action plans for resolution while driving productivity, quality and high service standards.
• Collaborate with key leadership to define an effective customer experience vision for the 4 different divisions.
• Assess strategic plans to improve and fulfill the customer experience from product marketing, online order technology, and delivery.
• Effectively and efficiently manages team’s priorities, workload, and resources to efficiently leverage the value of every interaction to drive customer satisfaction and retention.
• Communicate with Team Managers/Leads providing updates on current workload and performance.
• Build customer relationships, interpret customer needs and assesses their business requirements while developing alternate solutions when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Leverages superior communication skills and possess the ability to effectively and dynamically communicate to large audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that promote collaboration and effective communication. Highly developed interactive and influencing capacities to deal effectively with customer and vendor relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to drive excellence in brand partner experience and service within a care center.
• Operational knowledge and expertise in a customer call/service center.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple projects/tasks within defined deadlines.
• Self-driven and motivated individual with excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Displays proficiency with software systems and technology, with the ability to become a subject matter expert in JD Edwards.
• Able to utilize latitude given within job parameters to make independent decisions.
• Superior problem resolution skills and strong analytical skills.
• Aptitude for detail and high degree of organization and accuracy.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to deal at all levels of the Company.
• Proficiency and comfort with driving and maintaining remote relationships.
• Maintains the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality regarding company information.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of time, with significantly higher potential early in role.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• 8 plus years of experience with leading people in a call center environment with multiple direct reports.
• Strong management background with proven supervisory, communication, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience with change management and reorganization strategies.
The job description of Director of Customer Experience is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.