Director of Supply Chain
The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for managing all Demand Planning, Forecasting and Inventory Management functions for the company. The primary responsibility is to plan and manage lubricant inventory in order to maximize fill rate while minimizing days of supply. Developing forecasts and continually increasing forecast accuracy is also a key function of the position. The Director is responsible for facilitating a smooth process to develop forecasts and manage inventory with Sales, Purchasing, and Warehouse personnel. The Director of Supply Chain will supervise the supply chain team who is responsible for vendor level part forecasts in conjunction with sales. This position will also manage the new product setup process and is responsible for “buy quantities” and inventory management at the product code and part level. The Director is ultimately responsible for managing to the metrics of Fill Rate, Days of Supply, Forecast Accuracy, Inventory Accuracy, and Obsolescence. The training and development of planners, buyers, and operations team related to inventory management, fill rate, and inventory turns is a crucial responsibility of this position.
• Lead the cross-functional business unit collaborative forecasting and inventory management process.
• Facilitate regular meetings between the Planning and Inventory Management teams with Sales, Purchasing, and Finance to review forecasts and forecast accuracy, product transitions, channel sales and inventory, inventory levels versus budget, fill rate, days of supply, excess inventory, and “old and slow” status.
• Facilitate the quarterly Senior Management Forecasting and Inventory Management meeting focusing on cross-functional communication, direction setting, risk management, and conflict resolution. Supervise the follow-through of actions identified from the meetings and discussions.
• Successfully and accurately administer all JDE and Excel based Planning systems and processes, from forecast upload to generation of inventory reports.
• Develop a smooth process flow of activities for the supply chain department and establish systems to support those processes.
• Lead the process for identifying, developing, and implementing advanced planning methods, systems, and tools, in order to improve forecast accuracy and inventory management.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Qualifications:The successful candidate will be a proven leader with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus. He or she will possess a professional demeanor that gains the respect and confidence of employees at all levels. In addition, the ideal candidate should possess:
• BS Degree from a four year university
• 3 – 5 years’ experience within a sophisticated supply chain environment with specific experience working in Demand Planning, Forecasting, Inventory Procurement, and /or Inventory Management.
• Previous experience with ERP principles, inventory management and demand planning software required. JDE System experience preferred.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Exceptional computer literacy including proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication and facilitation Skills
The job description of the Director of Supply Chain is not all inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, or deletions as determined by the supervisor.