The Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Dispatcher and Route Planners for Lubricants and Commercial Fuel. The Dispatch Supervisor ensure the department maintains effective daily communication with drivers, to continually monitor service making proactive adjustments to maximize on time performance and productivity and demonstrate effective use of the dispatch routing software.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supervise the routing and business activities with dispatch team. Provide work instructions and coaching of immediate dispatch staff.
• Ensure the web-based dispatch routing software is efficiently assigning loads and delivery routes in a cost effective and customer service oriented process.
• Ensure Dispatch team is successfully routing delivery of loads to internal or external customers within company defined timelines.
• Ensure accurate data is maintained in the dispatch routing software and comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Manage the routing dispatch software for duplicate, invalid, and cancelled orders.
• Troubleshoot overfills and shortages at customer locations for cause and resolution.
• Oversee the coordination with Customer Experience and Sales on exceptions, rush orders and order changes.
• Oversee improvement in customer satisfaction and dispatch satisfaction.
• Ensure that dispatch personnel are effectively performing linked function between the Warehouse, Drivers, and customers.
• Communicate with management as needed to maximize efficiencies and resolve issues.
• Monitor specific reports including open order, delivered versus planned to ensure that all deliveries are being completed in a timely manner.
• Fill in as a Dispatcher / Route Planner when required.
• Ensures all phone calls and e-mails are handled in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
• Responsible for the completion of any special projects or the assignment of other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of Associates degree and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 3 to 5 years successful supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to effectively lead a group of individuals to successfully achieve the goals of the dispatch department.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a transportation or logistics related activity.
• Commercial driving or hazardous material dispatching experience preferred.
• General knowledge of lubricant and fuel terminology.
• Proficient computer and technical skills with dispatch routing software.
• Ability to manage multiple projects while managing 7 day/week operations.
• Capable of multi-tasking and professionally interacting with others in a fast-paced, work environment.
• Ability to use good judgment, initiative, and make good decisions with limited supervision.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage a workforce to meet customer expectations.
• Strong internal and external customer service skills.
• Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
• Normal office environment with occasional time spent in warehouse.
• The position is fast paced with 24/7 operations with on call availability. The position requires 24 hour on call support to dispatch customer orders that require delivery during late night and early morning hours.
The job description of Dispatch Supervisor is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.