This position is primarily responsible for the productivity and attainment of daily operational goals within his/her assigned functional area of delivery in utilizing approximately thirty (30) delivery agents in the North Central Alabama and Chattanooga Tennessee regions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Foster an atmosphere where safety is a priority with an emphasis on protecting customer property and company assets.
• Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment.
• Ensure successful delivery of loads to internal or external customers within company defined timelines.
• Performance management and design individual development plans of direct reports, disciplinary action, employee relation issues and resolution.
• Monitors and ensures all team members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations to prevent accidents or Hours of Service issues.
• Utilize available tools (TMS, GPS, etc.) to evaluate and identify routing or manpower efficiency opportunities.
• Consistent follow up through route rides to ensure that company and delivery standards are met in line with quality assurance/control.
• Ensure truck fleet and drivers are in DOT compliance.
• Responsible for developing staff to improve performance and job satisfaction.
• Tracking the key performance indicators, implement improvements to reduce total delivered cost and foster a continuous improvement culture
• Thorough ability to apply, coach and train others on company principles, policies and procedures.
• Partner with the warehouse teams to ensure daily reconciliation of on truck inventory and minimized product loss.
• The position is fast paced with 24/7 operations with on call availability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have valid Class A CDL minimum, tanker and doubles experience preferred.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of transportation supervisory experience.
• General knowledge of lubricant and fuel terminology preferred.
• Expert knowledge of ground transportation operations including DOT regulations is essential, and knowledge of on-board truck computer system helpful.
• Past experience utilizing Ortec Inventory Routing or equivalent Transportation Management Solution preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours which includes alternate weekends.
• Ability to work independently and also within a team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• 10% travel within North Central Alabama and Chattanooga Tennessee.
• Must have highly developed leadership, management, communication (written & verbal) organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The job description of Driver Supervisor is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.