Manage all Total Petroleum Equipment (TPE) operation functions including administration, equipment installation, and repair service work. Ensure department operates in a safe and efficient manner and that all team members receive all required safety training. Promote safety and quality to all team members and manage departmental expenses.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Development and preparation of job quotes and implementation of approved bids.
• Manage quality control and completion of equipment installation for jobs.
• Responsible for meeting deadlines and signing off for job completions.
• Manage inventory levels to ensure accuracy and review inventory variances.
• Coordinate with vendors for competitive pricing and monitor purchases.
• Develop and implement preventative maintenance schedule for existing equipment.
• Make sales presentations to recruit new customers.
• Supervise and train all TPE personnel to achieve high quality of service and installation and maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
• Review and complete all employee evaluations as required by the Human Resources department.
• Responsible for the completion of any special projects or the assignment of other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and CAD (computer assisted drawing).
• Knowledge of inventory management and job costing.
• Basic computer and accounting skills.
• Minimum of three years experience in oil equipment installation.
• Extensive knowledge of EPA requirements and state and local environmental agency guidelines.
• General knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and other regulatory agencies.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental
conditions, extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to push and pull up to 100 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
• Local and overnight travel required.
• The position is fast paced with 24/7 operations with on call availability. The
position requires on call support that may require late night and early morning hours.
The job description of an Equipment Supervisor is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.