Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Capable of operating the following:
o Crane Truck
o Small Boom Truck
o Flatbed Truck
• Skill set to load and unload small to large fuel and lube tanks onto a lowboy.
• Drive vehicles to and from designated locations.
• Ability to set the tanks into dikes or on customer sites at designated areas.
• Perform light plumbing on equipment that is delivered to include attaching vent pipes to tanks, attaching down tubes to tanks or other light maintenance requirements that arise in the delivery or pick up of equipment.
• Assist in preparation of equipment at facility warehouse.
• Work with other TPE Technicians to prepare equipment for delivery.
• Operate vehicle on and off customer sites in a manner compliant with company policy and procedure and compliant with DOT.
• Perform customer deliveries & other related truck movements as required.
• Maintain log book to state and federal regulations.
• Daily monitoring of vehicle’s fluid levels as well as tire pressure to insure good safety and preventative maintenance practices.
• Perform roadside assistance as needed, such as changing tires.
• Prepare, complete and submit, in a timely manner, the paperwork required by MOP.
• Engage in proper loading, unloading and secure procedures.
• Maintain and operate vehicle in compliance with DOT requirements and maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
• Help maintain a clean and safe facility department.
• Responsible for the completion of special projects or the assignment of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Class A license with Tanker and Haz Mat endorsements.
• Minimum of 3 years tractor experience preferred.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Knowledge of general area in which product will be delivered.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Legible handwriting.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
• Possession of a current Medical Examiner’s certificate.
• Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
• Ability to successfully complete forklift certification test.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions, extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Have valid Drivers License and a valid CDL license.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
The job description of Equipment Technician/Driver is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.