Analyzes profitability, assists in board package preparation, assists in annual budget process, acts as a resource for the executive team, sales and operations in improving profitability/cost reduction.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division(s) performance against historical, budgeted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
• Performs post audits of original ROI’s and purchases to determine if the estimates and actual numbers are within reason.
• Prepares pro formas and forecasts as needed.
• Assists in analysis and due diligence of potential acquisitions and prepares pro formas.
• Prepares financial ratios and trend analysis and communicates how to improve.
• Reviews sales proposals and contracts.
• Assists the CFO and Director of FP&A in the preparation of the annual budget.
• A key component to the success of this position is the ability to identify a situation, drill down to the underlying issue, develop a plan to solve it, communicate with others how to solve it and perform subsequent follow-up that it was solved.
• Another key component is the ability to communicate findings, be it ratio or trend analysis, new profit opportunities or pro formas, in such a manner that management can understand its impact and visualize what needs to happen.
• Assists Director of FP&A with development of new reporting tools
• Assists or leads other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Accounting/Finance degree with 5+ years experience
• Ability to analyze, determine and drive change.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Proficient technical skills with various accounting software packages
• Must possess strong organizational skills and possess the ability to perform complex and concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions
• Capable of multi-tasking and professionally interacting with others in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to establish priorities and meet objectives
• Able to work well independently but also in a teamwork environment
• Must have effective grammatical, written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated skill in business writing
The job description of Financial Analyst is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.