Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with Dispatch person to assure uninterruptible supply for our customers in a timely and safe manner
• Load and unload diesel fuel and gasoline products in and out of truck, in a manner compliant with company policy and state and federal regulations.
• Drive vehicles to and from designated locations.
• Deliver products by following instructions from warehouse management and the instructions on the delivery ticket.
• Operate vehicle on and off customer sites in a manner compliant with company policy and procedure and compliant with DOT.
• Perform customer deliveries & other related truck movements as required.
• Maintain log book to state and federal regulations.
• Take sample of products, as required by management.
• Daily monitoring of vehicle’s fluid levels as well as tire pressure to insure good safety and preventative maintenance practices.
• Maintain constant contact with dispatcher to receive updated delivery instructions.
• Perform roadside assistance as needed, such as changing tires.
• Use safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and spill kit, as necessary.
• Prepare, complete and submit, in a timely manner, the paperwork required by MOP.
• Engage in proper loading, unloading and flushing procedures.
• Deliver the product in a courteous, professional manner.
• Flush and clean tanker after deliveries as required by company policy.
• Communicate with all Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required.
• Maintain and operate vehicle in compliance with DOT requirements and maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
• Help maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Responsible for the completion of special projects or the assignment of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Class A license with Tanker and Haz Mat endorsements.
• Minimum of 3 years fuel hauling experience preferred.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Knowledge of general area in which product will be delivered.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Legible handwriting.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
• Possession of a current Medical Examiner’s certificate.
• Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
• Ability to successfully complete forklift certification test.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions, extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Have valid Drivers License and a valid CDL license.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
The job description of a Fuel Driver is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.