Perform standard maintenance and repair on all company vehicles including fleet trucks.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Complete and sign off on all work orders as assigned by the Fleet Manager.
• Perform and sign off on vehicle inspections to comply with DOT regulations.
• Perform preventive maintenance on company vehicles including oil changes, transmission service, tire replacement, and all other general maintenance duties.
• Perform electrical repair.
• Repair or replace defective brakes, transmissions, drive trains, and rear ends.
• Will occasionally be required to respond to calls to repair vehicles on the road.
• Will occasionally make emergency deliveries using company vehicles.
• Responsible for the completion of other related assignments as required by the Fleet Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years experience as a diesel mechanic.
• Normal reading and writing skills.
• Valid Drivers License and CDL preferred.
• General knowledge of DOT inspection guidelines.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs.
• Ability to frequently bend, reach, stoop, or climb.
• Requires prolonged standing.
• Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
• Normal garage / warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
• Some travel required.
The job description of Mechanic is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.