The Onsite Technician position is responsible for driving the effective execution of all deliveries and inventory control processes. Working in partnership with AMNS for the efficient and effective planning, scheduling and use all resources to conduct product deliveries which results in minimizing downtime, maximizing productivity, and enhanced reliability. The Onsite Technician acts as a liaison to work cooperatively with the plant, manage product priority, develop delivery plans, and define inventory needs.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Principle contact and liaison between the plant site and McPherson operations
• Work in cooperation with production and maintenance such that all products are maintained
• Attend all planned outage meetings and determine products for outage
• Assist in planning outside contractors conducting lubricant related services
• Maintain lubricant sample program, pulling and analysis
• Conduct inventory audits plant wide reports on accuracy
• Accompany all deliveries from McPherson to ensure correct location
• Assure all necessary paperwork is accurate and reaches the correct source
• Act as the first point of contact for Purchasing department
• Manage any issues from beginning to end to minimize the need of plant resources
• Focus on optimized workforce productivity and minimize plant downtime
• Proactively identify product changes that can be included to improve operational efficiency
• Manages the status of deliveries and backlog for work order submission to work order completion
• Actively participates in scheduling meeting with operation partners to finalize priority of work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times.
• Follows up and communicates the schedule to all plant resources
• Continuously improves the delivery estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from plant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a valid Drivers License
• Ability to read, write and use basic math skills
• Able to meet all plant requirements and safety protocol
• Must have a mechanical / technical aptitude
• Manufacturing or industrial equipment-related knowledge preferred
• Ability improve delivery activities and drive for reliability
• Proven written and verbal communication skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion while managing 7 day/week operations.
• Capable of multi-tasking and professionally interacting with others in a fast-paced, work environment
• Ability to use good judgment, initiative, and make good decisions with limited supervision
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions, extreme weather conditions
• Exposure to weather conditions and loud noises is common
• Outside and inside duties
The job description of Onsite Technician is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.