Route Planning / Dispatch Coordinator
This position will utilize dynamic routing tools to develop route plans that support exceptional customer service while improving the productivity of company employees and assets. This position will work in conjunction with operations and customer service in a continuous improvement culture dedicated to Safety and Quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides highest standards of customer service through efficient routing and on-time delivery.
• Works proactively with transportation team members, as well as all other departments to meet all customers’ expectations.
• Maintains optimum utilization of resources including but not limited to: methods; procedures; structure; equipment; and personnel.
• Monitors route and work productivity, reports on trend and recommends changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency. Works closely with sales, operations, and customer service to implement needed changes.
• Analyze transportation reports to ensure improved productivity and reduced expense. Oversee routes and reroutes based on data analysis.
• Continuously improve productivity by establishing goals and reporting: gallons delivered per truck per day; gallons delivered per stop; and gallons delivered per mile
• Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives;
• Keeps all stakeholders informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department by actively participating in meetings.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations and Company policies and procedures. Communicates issues and updates to ensure compliance.
• Participates in the maintenance of DOT requirements. Ensures accuracy, legibility and completeness of all files and reports.
• Monitors and ensures all team members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations to prevent accidents or Hours of Service issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a transportation related activity.
• Commercial driving or hazardous material dispatching experience preferred.
• General knowledge of lubricant and fuel terminology.
• Ability to work independently and also within a team environment.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Past experience utilizing Ortec Inventory Routing or equivalent Transportation Management Solution preferred.
The job description of Route Planning / Dispatch Coordinator is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions and deletions as determined by the supervisor.