Sales Contract Manager
This position will manage the drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of contracts for the Sales division. The various contracts would include formal, short form, and annual contracts regarding the following language, terms, and agreements:
• Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
• Distribution Agreements (resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.)
• Commercial and Public (Federal, State and Local Municipalities) Contracting
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between company employees, company legal counsel, and customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
• Provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer or through sales people on all standard and nonstandard contracts until consensus has been reached.
• Maintain a pipeline of new business focused on governmental agencies, with responsibility to win contracts and grow revenue.
• Keep accurate records of existing contracts and manage renewals, maximizing the renewal rates wherever possible.
• Work with operations on new customer equipment requirements, customer delivery needs, and other daily customer requirements.
• Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
• Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
• Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
• Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance.
• Work with Finance to ensure return on investment for new business opportunities, contract pricing, and overall customer profitability matters.
• Support Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions.
• Monitor competitive terms and recommend any necessary changes in our terms and contracting practices.
• Maintain customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and recommend any changes.
• Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
• Handle on-going issues and change management.
• Responsible for the completion of any special projects or the assignment of other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
• Previous Governmental or Municipal selling experience a plus.
• Ability to learn McPherson’s product and service offering.
• Ability to work cross functionally and influence without authority.
• Deadline driven with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Advanced computer skills with proficiency and working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
• Able to utilize latitude given within job parameters to make independent decisions
• Capability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• The petroleum industry is rapidly changing, thus candidates must be comfortable with a fast paced, opportunity filled work environment
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative and be an independent thinker
• Maintain work with little supervision and effectively use problem solving skills
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Ability to build relationships and manage new and existing accounts
• Verifiable work history and previous success building and maintaining relationships
The job description of Sales Contract Manager is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.