Supply Chain Buyer
General Summary: Daily analysis of the lubricant purchasing while managing existing product inventory levels.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Analyze performance data and ensure systems are configured to: drive efficiency, minimize inventory investment, and support our sales and operations team.
• Review DRP messages to create lubricant purchase orders.
• Works to make shared decisions and recommendations concerning DRP schedules, product substitutions, and lead times.
• Write intracompany lubricant purchase orders to achieve the right product, right place, and right time.
• Support Lubes Supply Chain Supervisor with ordering responsibilities from major oil companies.
• Manages purchase order statuses and expedited orders with suppliers by effective communication with suppliers.
• Complete inventory analysis and make recommendations for efficient storage and handling.
• Collaborate with sales and production to ensure on-time purchasing of goods and ensure an effective replenishment strategy to meet demand.
• Work with all internal customers and departments while providing excellent communication.
• Coordinate inbound/outbound freight shipments with internal fleet.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• 1 to 2 year’s work experience in purchasing/buyer role preferred.
• Must have proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Advanced Excel user preferred.
• Must have strong technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and end user training guides for operations staff.
• Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative and be an independent thinker.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers with sense of urgency and commitment to follow up.
• Ability to effectively present information, conduct training, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Work is performed in typical office setting.
• Inside and outside duties.
• Some travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires the ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The job description of Supply Chain Buyer is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.