Supply Chain / Inventory Analyst
Daily analysis of the lubricant supply chain operations to include customer service levels, delivery efficiency, inventory accuracy, and operational efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze performance data and ensure systems are configured to: drive efficiency, minimize inventory investment, improve equipment utilization, and support our sales and operations team.
• Review new business to include impact to delivery fleet and sourcing strategy.
• Write intracompany lubricant purchase orders to achieve right product, right place, right time.
• Support lubes supply chain manager with ordering responsibilities from major oil companies.
• Review common carrier usage for customer deliveries and report any negative impact to profitability.
• Complete inventory analysis and make recommendations for efficient storage and handling.
• Generate monthly reports for the operations and finance management teams.
• Direct and coordinate quarterly and fiscal EOY physical inventory processes for all distribution sites.
• Audit, monitor, and report inventory discrepancies including detailed analysis of variances by facility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience in the industry.
• Experience using various Microsoft Office tools. Advanced Excel user preferred.
• General knowledge of lubricant and fuel terminology preferred.
• Must have strong technical, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and planning skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and end user training guides for operations staff.
• Ability to effectively present information, conduct training, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Logistics / Inventory Analyst frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires the ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The job description of a Supply Chain / Inventory Analyst is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.