Warehouse Associate (Pailer)
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with Lead Warehouse person to assure uninterruptible supply for our customers in a timely and safe manner.
• Unload and load product in and out of intercompany, package and bulk trucks for next business day’s orders in a manner compliant with company policy and local, state and federal regulations.
• Engage in proper flushing procedures.
• Operate vehicle on and off customer sites in a manner compliant with company policy and procedure and compliant with DOT (if eligible for Driver).
• Perform drumming requirements and other repackaging products within company guidelines to meet customers needs, as necessary.
• Unload Rail Cars as required per company guidelines.
• Check with Operations Management for instructions at the beginning of each shift.
• Prepare, complete and submit, in a timely manner, the paperwork required by MOP.
• Communicate with all Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, and assist them as required.
• Maintain and operate vehicles when required in compliance with DOT requirements and maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
• Help maintain a clean and safe facility. Specifically, the area around the pailing machine.
• Responsible for the completion of special projects or the assignment of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Ensure facility is properly shut down, including locking all doors and gates at the end of the shift.
• Understanding and maintaining inventory levels of products needed for repackaging in pails.
• Responsible for all materials needed to repackage such as pails, lids and labels.
• Correctly operates pailing machine and label applicator.
• Following system recommended work orders to replenish stock of product.
• Immediately reporting system or mechanical issues to supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Previous filling / packaging warehouse experience.
• Knowledge of WMS computer systems.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Legible handwriting.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
• Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
• Ability to successfully complete forklift certification test.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions, extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to push and pull up to 100 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
The job description of Warehouse Associate Pailer is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.