To help maintain all warehouse functions including receiving, stocking, shipping, monitoring inventory, maintaining and organizing the facility and assisting the Warehouse Manager in all of their respective duties. The schedule for this position is open and flexible: day or night shift; Sunday through Saturday. The position is flexible and will rotate shifts to ensure supervision of all warehouse functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with Warehouse Manager to maintain inventory levels that will assure uninterruptible supply for our customer base and achieve optimum inventory investment.
• Monitor replenishment needs daily and continually monitor bulk tanks, truck and railcar movements.
• Identify appropriate bin and staging areas and ensure proper stock for pails, drums, package, bulk, and totes are maintained in the assigned areas within the warehouse to optimize facility.
• Assist in monthly cycle counts and organize personnel for all quarterly inventories as required.
• Check inventory receipt documents and advise any discrepancies to management in a timely manner. Including timely receipt of same into the computer system.
• Train warehouse personnel in proper warehouse procedures.
• Cross train in the blending operations, if applicable.
• Identify old and slow inventory and advise management in a timely manner.
• Assist drivers with loading their trucks as required and assist pick-up customers in a prompt, safe and courteous manner.
• Sort and stage package products for next day’s shift.
• Insure compliance with QA/QC and logs (sample, receiving, packaging)
• Prepare stock and paperwork for intercompany loads, including daily check of inventory levels for bulk and package.
• Timely communications with Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required.
• Maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Monitor warehouse employees weekly time worked, and assure that all warehouse shifts have adequate coverage.
• Assist in the application of RedPrairie with all warehouse personnel.
• Produce all daily fleet planning, and build all necessary work for 2nd and 3rd shift personnel.
• Assist in achieving all warehouse related KPI goals on a monthly basis.
• Update rail car log in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of warehouse experience
• Knowledge of inventory systems and good math skills
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Have valid Drivers License. Prefer a valid CDL license.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
The job description of Warehouse Lead is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.