To help maintain all warehouse functions including receiving, stocking, shipping, monitoring inventory, maintaining and organizing the facility and assisting the Warehouse Manager in all of their respective duties. The schedule for this position is night shift; Sunday through Thursday.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with Warehouse Manager to maintain inventory levels that will assure uninterruptible supply for our customer base and achieve optimum inventory investment.
• Identify appropriate bin and staging areas and ensure proper stock for pails, drums, package, bulk, and totes are maintained in the assigned areas within the warehouse to optimize facility.
• Assist in monthly cycle counts and organize personnel for all quarterly inventories as required.
• Check inventory receipt documents and advise any discrepancies to management in a timely manner. Including timely receipt of same into the computer system.
• Train warehouse personnel in proper warehouse procedures.
• Identify old and slow inventory and advise management in a timely manner.
• Sort and stage package products for next day’s shift.
• Insure compliance with QA/QC and logs (sample, receiving, packaging)
• Timely communications with Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required.
• Maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Assist in the application of JD Edwards with all warehouse personnel.
• Assist in achieving all warehouse related KPI goals on a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of warehouse experience
• Knowledge of inventory systems and good math skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Previous filling / packaging warehouse experience
• Knowledge of WMS and ERP computer systems
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
• Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
• Ability to successfully complete forklift certification test.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Have the ability and be qualified to operate a forklift.
• Have valid Drivers License. Prefer a valid CDL license.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.
The job description of Warehouse Lead is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.